Submission Guidelines (check themes below)
Okay, you’re Jewish, that’s a good start, but how “Jewish” do you have to write? When submitting material, consider the following parameters for your submission:
- Please check the themes of the season and submit accordingly. We will not accept late submissions this year. Thank you!
- Please make sure your name and title of your work appear on your submission.
- An element of Jewish resonance is important, but your submission does not need to feature being Jewish as the prominent theme or subject.
- Stories may be written by any gender, not just women.
- Short one-acts (10 minutes max) and monologues (7 minutes max) are preferred. Will read full-length, but unlikely will produce.
- 1500 words or less preferred
- Must be topical for the 21st century. While we consider plays set in another time period, we mostly select contemporary pieces.
- Small cast a must. One-person shows okay.
- Previously produced or published work is welcome. Please include production and/or publication history. A new version of a classic or an adaptation from another medium would definitely be of interest.
Although the primary focus of JWT is on the writing, music is often a part of our events. We encourage composers, song-writers, and performers to submit individual work. Musicals are welcome.
Submit your material to email@example.com. Be sure to let us know the salon you are submitting for in the subject line of your email.
Themes for 2019 At-Home Salon Theatre Season
(Click the icon for more info on the theme)
NEXT @ The Braid 2019
The 3rd Year of our Emerging Artist Fellowship